The Art Institute of Virginia Beach Aii, LLC
College Student Worker - Culinary Store Room
Position Summary: Assembles materials, supplies and equipment used for lab assignments; operates and services equipment used in culinary arts and food production; assists faculty with orders, issues, receives and stores food and supplies. Maintains cleanliness of storeroom and assists in cleaning labs.
• Completed one quarter of the Culinary Arts Program at AI with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Serve Safe Certification
• Federal Work Study eligible preferred
• Must be a full-time student (9 credits or more)
• Able to perform Key Job Elements
• Must be in and stay in good academic standing for the duration of employment (CGPA at or above 2.5)
• Must be in and stay in good conduct standing.
Basic Job Requirements:
• Provide assistance to instructional staff
• Demonstrate culinary arts skills and use of equipment
• Effectively and safely operate, adjust and make minor repairs to equipment in a culinary arts and food production department
• Effectively utilize computer hardware and software
• Give clear and concise intrusions
• Keep detailed and precise records
• Secure and store supplies
• Work effectively and cooperatively with students and instructional staff
• Assembles supplies and sets up apparatus used in class demonstrations such as food ingredients for each recipe
• Issues supplies, materials and equipment to faculty
• Keeps records and effects the return of supplies and equipment checked out to faculty
• Operates, adjusts and makes minor repairs on equipment such as mixers, slicers, ovens, microwaves, toasters
• Maintains inventory records of food supplies, material and equipment and prepares periodic inventory reports and requisitions
• Inspects and stores supplies
• Keep storeroom and work areas orderly and clean
• Performs related duties as assigned
• Well Organized
• Understand rules of time management
• Clearly demonstrates confidentiality
• Supplies and equipment used in culinary arts
• Safety and sanitation rules, practices and safeguards applicable to food handling, presentation, production and storage
• Capabilities of computer systems, software and hardware common to instructional laboratories
• Principles of recordkeeping
• Customer service experience and a pleasant demeanor.
• Must be in and maintain excellent academic standing and attendance.
• Ability to understand the importance of timeliness and quality of work.
• Ability and willingness to take direction.
• Ability to think independently and resolve problems when appropriate.
• All final applicants will be subject to a drug screen after an offer of employment is made and prior to commencing work.
Performance Reviews: Students will be evaluated on a quarterly basis by the hiring manager. Managers should maintain all records for performance reviews and submit them to the students file as necessary.